Accident & Health Reinsurance
RMA can contribute to your success in the accident and health insurance market. Whether your goal is to develop a new line of business or enhance the performance of an existing product, we can help.
RMA gives insurers access to high-quality capacity through a global network of reinsurers. We also offer reinsurance program design, actuarial consulting and pricing, and third-party administration—all backed up by extensive market experience.
Our team’s extensive expertise in the reinsurance and retrocession business covers a wide range of short-term accident and health risks on a facultative, treaty, and whole portfolio basis.
RMA offers reinsurance capacity and program design for individual and group risks covered under a wide range of accident and health products:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment, including Carve-out
- Short-term life, Disability, and Critical Illness
- Travel Accident, Sickness and Evacuation
- Credit Card Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Extended Health Care and Prescription Drugs
We offer reinsurance coverage for the following special risks:
- War, Terrorism and Pandemic
- High Limit and Keyman Coverage
- Concentration Risks
- Known or Unknown Clash
- Abnormal Mortality or Morbidity
- Amateur and Professional Sports
- Student Accident
- Unusual or Hazardous Avocation and Occupation
RMA has a strong history of working collaboratively with clients. We deliver the following services, any of which can be customized to fit your business and meet your goals:
- Reinsurance program design
- High quality reinsurance capacity
- Reinsurance treaty and policy wording
- Portfolio management and administration
- Underwriting, pricing, and risk assessment
- Actuarial consulting
- Product development
- Claims adjudication and litigation support
- Auditing services
- Analysis of new insurance products and territories
Our expertise covers short-term accident and health risks on a facultative, treaty or whole portfolio basis using the following reinsurance methods:
- Quota share
- Surplus of lines or variable quota share
- Per person or per risk excess of loss
- Known or unknown clash excess of loss
- Multi-life catastrophe excess of loss
- Aggregate mortality or morbidity stop loss
For more information, please call us at 416.408.2602 or contact us.
Recent developments at RMA and beyond.
Conferences, client events, and other activities.
Recent Blog Posts
Timely updates and industry analysis from our team.