Posting – Director, Pricing
The role reports to the Vice President, Financial Solutions with a focus on pricing and preparing reinsurance quotations and providing technical support in response to customer requests.
In addition, the position will provide support for the execution of the overall business development strategy of the organization.
1. Principal Accountabilities
- Pricing and quotation of business within agreed parameters.
- Provide actuarial and technical support in respect of life reinsurance business (traditional and non-traditional structures) for client companies and reinsurance partners.
- Communicating with reinsurance partners and client companies on quotations and technical pricing issues.
- Monitoring experience and performing profitability analysis of reinsurance accounts.
- Assisting with the execution of the overall business development strategy, with some client contact.
2. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA).
- Being a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of life insurance products.
- Knowledge of pricing principles and profit testing techniques.
- Knowedge of sources of data for pricing purposes.
- Proficient in GGY Axis pricing tool.
- Proficient in MS-Office tools, especially MS-Excel and MS-Access.
- Proficient in other statistical/data, or math related languages such as R, Python or Mathlab.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good understanding of US and/or Canadian statutory reporting and reinsurance regulations.
- At least 5 years pricing experience in life insurance or reinsurance.
- Experience in structuring non-traditional/capital management reinsurance arrangements would be an asset.
- Some valuation experience would be an asset.
- US and/or Canadian life reinsurance market experience would be an asset.
If interested in the above position, please click here to submit your resume.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Recent developments at RMA and beyond.
Conferences, client events, and other activities.
Recent Blog Posts
Timely updates and industry analysis from our team.